Heyward Incorporated traces its beginnings to 1908, when T. C. Heyward, Sr. started a proprietorship in Charlotte, North Carolina. The new proprietorship provided mechanical equipment to the rapidly growing southeast municipal and power industries. The company became a premier sales agency in the Carolinas and several other southern states.
The proprietorship evolved into T. C. Heyward and Associates in the 50's, transitioning into Heyward Incorporated upon T. C. Heyward's retirement. In the late 90's, Heyward Incorporated reorganized to better focus on customers' needs. We became Heyward-Charlotte Incorporated (d.b.a., Heyward Incorporated) concentrating on our local customers and markets in the Carolinas.
The strength of our company has been and continues to be our employees who have continued Mr. Heyward’s legacy of hard work and dedication to its customers and principals. Today, the primary markets continue to be Power, Water, and Wastewater treatment.
Heyward's mission is to provide the best products and the highest quality of service to its customers. All of Heyward's sales engineers hold degrees in Mechanical, Civil, Environmental, or Electrical Engineering. Currently, seven (7) engineers are licensed by the Board in North and/or South Carolina. In addition, the sales support staff includes an aftermarket sales team, OEM and instrumentation sales specialists, project management assistants, Heyward Services engineering, and service personnel.
To maintain the highest quality, Heyward is associated with several organizations such as: